Kathleen settled in Winter Park, Florida until she and her best friend, Janel, decided to visit Atlanta. Once in Atlanta Janel went to work for Ted Turner and Kathleen took on the position of Atlanta Ballet's Public Relations Director. There she met Ron Jones, the Ballet's Principal Male Dancer. The two of them build a friendship over many cups of coffee and much conversation. Nine months later Ron proposed and the two were married in Atlanta's Methodist Chapel with their reception in the Fabulous Fox Theatre's Egyptian Ballroom.
The newly-weds moved to Pittsburg to accept a Soloist contract with the Pittsburg Ballet for Ron. A year later they turned down a position to return to the South where they had first met. Rather than the bustling Atlanta, they chose Augusta to settle down and start their family. Today Kathleen is the proud mother of 3 adult children and the doting grandmother of 4 grands.
Some of Kathleen's accomplishments in Augusta include:
Founding Owner - Columbia County Ballet School opened in 1985
Associate Director - Columbia County Ballet's Performing Company, chartered in 1990
Founding Member - Greater Augusta Dance Coalition
Founding Board Member - Columbia County Arts, Inc
Founding Board Member - SAIL
- Has appeared onstage with Pittsburg Ballet Theatre, Columbia County Ballet, Augusta Players, and Augusta West Dance Company.
- Initiated CCB as a major Contributor to the Imperial Theatre's Capital Campaign Fund: donated all proceeds from Peter Pan, Cinderella, The Sleeping Beauty, Madeline/The Selfish Giant, ALICE, and Beauty and the Beast. For the 100th year birthday of the Imperial Theatre Kathleen oversaw the return of Cinderella as the crown jewel to top off the birthday celebrations.
- Instrumental in designing of the Jabez Theatre and the opening of the Columbia County Library
- Initiated Renaissance Festival Theme Festival in Columbia County: now named Art in the Park
- Participated in renovation plans for Columbia County's Historic Dance Pavilion & Gate Keepers Cottage
- Assisted in forming the Hope Ballet, a satellite program of CCB housed in First Presbyterian of Augusta, Children's wing.
Today, among Kathleen's favorite past times are spending time with family and watching her grandchildren grow into their dreams.